Okay I'd like to start out by saying that SOD3 is one of my most anticipated games coming out in the future and if the team were able to execute on just half of these things it would easily be my GOAT Game ong no cap. I know that some of the things in my post may have already been said by other users, but this is just my personal list as I wanna be enveloped in the world and actually feel for my characters as if they were real people going through the struggles of living in a post apocalyptic world dealing with death and despair as well as triumph and jubilee.
Let me know if you guys agree or disagree with my takes :)
My Wishlist (in no particular order):
1.A. Better Animations. For Example, I want to be able to see my character touch the wall as they crouch around and get behind cover. Maybe like 3-4 variations for each type of action in the game like looting specific objects like fuel canisters, cabinets, drawers and boxes. I want more animations because I get tired of seeing the same animations over and over after hours of gameplay. Maybe add in animations that include the players backpack where when a character checks their inventory to make equip/ use something, they check in their bag and pull it out real quick. Similar to the last of us.
1.B A better movement system. This ties into the previous wish, but basically adding in foot IK for the characters movement that makes sense based on the inputs the player is giving. This means less "responsive" and "snappy" but more "weighted" and "realistic" movement.
2. I want dynamic and possibly roaming Enclaves who remember previous interactions with you. Sometimes they are good peace seeking hippies, Bad religious cultists or ex cons, or just a neutral enclave. This means they scavenge for loot or people to rob/kill around their territory and potentially set up traps depending on how moral they are.
3. I'd also like to stumble across interactions between enclaves and choose to intervene or just spectate and watch how things go. Maybe they trade, try to avoid each other, or attempt to kill one another because of their long previous history with one another that I never got to see because I'm new to the area.
4. More types of zombies besides ferals, screamers, bloaters, and juggernauts. I wanna see more abominations that maybe only come out at night to scavenge or to hunt people, similar to volatiles in Dying Light 1/2. I want the Zombie Ai to act a little bit smarter in the way it tries to corner you when chasing you. Maybe this could just be reserved for the special types?
5. I'd like for Sod3 to lean more into the horror aspect of the game. Making night scarier and more dangerous for humans to go out alone. This could mean adding in more tense background/combat music or periods of dead silence followed by a zombies shriek and a jump scare noise just to mess with you and keep you on your toes which lets you know you're never truly alone in the world.
6. Maybe make the nights a bit more brighter because I cant see anything when walking/driving around at night. It feels like I'm playing rust with how dark it is sometimes when driving without headlights.
7. Perhaps some sort of vehicle deformation similar to beamNG, or less CPU intensive like GTAV where if you crash at a significant enough speed, it will cause your bumper to drag along the floor, lose the hood, pop a tire, smash a window, and maybe mess up the engine.
8. More character variation. This includes adding more outfits (and not just variations of existing ones), hats, faces, voices, and hair styles, backstories, traits. You guys killed it with SOD2, but more couldn't hurt. Especially voice actors. I kind of got annoyed at how there were only a select few faces/voices for each gender and gets annoying after the 2nd playthrough. The different personalities are good though.
9. Maybe adding factions to the game besides red talon, the military, and the network. For example, you start up your group and play the game normally, developing your own settlement, and running into other enclaves. Getting big and influential enough to start allying with other enclaves/communities, forming trade routes and maybe having opposing factions that don't like you because you killed one of their party members a while back at the start of your playthrough because he tried robbing one of your people out on a scavenging run because his group was starving. This goes back to the whole good/bad/neutral enclaves thing and giving the AI enclaves the ability to do everything that the player can do in order to survive.
10. Sending out other community members on missions to loot for resources or do missions. Perhaps sending out a looting party in a specific area/town or maybe even a raiding party because you play as a a bunch of bad guys. idk
11. Watching AI enclaves and their members interact with one another out in the world. Maybe two enclaves don't like each other and you witness a fight break out. Or maybe you see someone getting robbed and they decide to throw firecrackers at the opps to draw zeds in to cover them as they make a break for it. Or maybe you watch as two groups meet up in their normal trading spot as they get ambushed by a third party. All of these things happening as you watch from the shadows, or you can choose to butt in and help out a group, or end up killing everyone and looting everything for yourself.
12. Improving the base building such that I can move around specific furniture in a house for example. I can break down dressers and cabinets for raw materials and use those things to build things that I need. Or maybe having the ability to construct mini outposts where ever I want to.
13. Maybe a coop world where my friends and I have a world where all of us have our own enclaves and we can choose to fight each other, work together or ignore each other and go to separate areas of the map.
14. Expand further on the current lore and all the mf plot holes that currently exist. I don't want to have to replay this lore story for each community I make, similar to the way heartland is in comparison to the normal game. Maybe I'm playing a game where none of my characters really give a f*** about figuring out what the hell a CLEO is and they just want to find their next meal is. Similar to the normal game. You could choose whether or not if you want to pursue the lore and the reasons behind why the story unfolded the way it did, but it is not the core part of the gameplay, IMO Surviving is.
15. Better crafting system that doesn't just go off of parts/chemicals/jugs of ethanol. Looting specific things from the environment that can be used to make more specific things. I know this can be a pain with finding specific things to make that one weapon/facility/upgrade you want, but maybe another enclave is willing to trade you for it? Or maybe you could steal it?
16. Better Stealth. This goes hand in hand with the previous wish, as well as wish 4. Improvements on the stealth and the addition of a soft cover system similar to uncharted/assassins creed. Basically, getting into cover without pressing the "cover" button.
17. Weather system. Add in rain, snow, fog. Perhaps changing seasons.
18. Procedurally generated maps to allow for maximum replayability. This would go crazy if done right and IMO would slap harder than just a few medium sized maps or one big map.
19. The ability to see equipped items on my person such as guns and things within the pockets slot hanging off of my characters hips. Would go really far for immersion. Idk just some cool suggestions that I thought of after beating the game again. These things would honestly go hard, especially the AI interactions and community/enclave features.
Anyways, best of luck to all the hardworking devs at UnDead Labs and I wish you guys the best! I have full trust in the process and the vision, and I hope you guys can make some of my wishes come true!
- Another Avid SOD Player