So, at the moment players can only carry 30 rounds of ammunition of any kind. Limiting their inventory capacity, and the amount of total items they can carry. This is useful to keep the game more challenging and entertaining in the short-term. But in the long-term it makes it boring. Specially for 100 days players.
1-Change Stacks Ammo Capacity based on caliber.
So, on basic logic it makes no sense that on the space you can store 30 50 Armor Piercing ammo you can only store 30 .22 lr ammo. It would be beneficial for the use of small caliber firearms if the ammo capacity depended on the caliber. My suggestion would be to do something like this.
- 65 rounds stacks of .22
- 60 rounds stacks of 9mm
- 55 rounds stacks of .45acp
- 50 rounds stacks of .357hp
- 45 rounds stacks of .44 magnum
- 40 rounds stacks of 5.56
- 35 rounds stacks of 7.62
- 30 rounds stacks of .50 AP
2- Increase ammo through Skills
One of the greater things about the RPG skill system of this game is that it give us the challenge to choose the right skills for our characters, but a common problem is that there are some skills that under-perform in comparison with others. The idea would be to improve this and other skills by allowing players to be able to carry more ammo by choosing certain skills. The idea is that this would have an effect as a percentage % on the stacks
- ASSAULT +50% ammo stacks capacity
- SCOUTING +10% ammo stacks capacity
- INNICIATIVE +20% ammo stacks capacity
- BACKPACKING +10% ammo stacks capacity
- STEALTH +5% ammo stacks capacity
- DISCIPLINE +5% ammo stacks capacity
This would improve the WITS and one SHOOTING and CARDIO skill.