Daybreak could use some improvements to make it more worthwhile playing and easier for new players and players going it alone in Single player.
1) Spawn an additional AI Red Talon soldier for single players. This way, we have a full party of 4 (the same as you would have in a multiplayer game.)
2) Spawn more explosives and/or CLEO drops in a single player match. It's very easy for zombie hordes to overwhelm lone players, especially at higher difficulties.
3) Increase the Prestige payout. Many players don't even bother with Daybreak anymore because it's too grindy. If giving players a flat increase of PP isn't the answer, then at least consider adding some bonus modifiers like: Technician takes no damage + 500PP, no wall breakage +1000PP, no blood plague +200PP, etc.
Bugs/issues with Daybreak:
1) If a zombie scratches or grabs you while throwing grenades, etc. you will get stuck or frozen in place. The only way to get unstuck is to be attacked again.
2) The Hoard Mode achievement is impossibly difficult to unlock. No one plays MP anymore, so you can't really party up. I'm pretty sure that the game doesn't even spawn 25 CLEO drops in Single player, as I've attempted at least 20 times to get this achievement in Single player, assuming you are lucky enough to make it to wave 7 now.
1) Make Daybreak easier for single players.
2) Increase PP payout.
3) Add bonuses and modifiers for performance during the match.