Recently found about this website, and was quite surprised. I wish to participate in providing suggestions to improve and expand the game, which i have found to lack substance, as in, it is missing out on so much and it is believed there are enough suggestions to understand.
This is a small introduction to let readers know, that I played the game a few weeks ago, and that my review can be found on Steam through this link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Petermanize/recommended/495420/
It is an extensive but construtive criticism on my experience while played the game. Noting Quirks and flaws in the current state of the game. If you want to read go ahead, as I will focus on the suggestions at the end of my Review.
➤ More unique zombies:
• Behemoth - Combination of multiple zombie corpses (An alternate evolution from plague hearts). A Boss type of Zombie that is big, bigger than a juggernaut, deals massive damage and it is a Bullet sponge if you approach it unaware and with no tactics.
Weak Points: Fire Damage, the corpses decomposition produces volatile gases that can be used as a weapon or against it. Multiple Heads, to efectively and permanently kill it, Destroy all visible Zombie heads (armored similar to the Plague Feral, random, between 4-6 heads).
➤ Blood Plague vs Normal Zombies:
• Normal Zombies should also cause a "Disease Meter" to all survivors, not immune to it. As the meter increases, without treatment and rest, Survivors can turn into Zombies on the spot without requiring to be dead. Their zombified form should be considered much more dangerous than the common Zombie, as while attacking physically other Survivors greatly increases the chances of these to turn on the spot.
edit: There should be no cure, although if the meter wasn't filled up it is slowly treated in an infirmary, this to provide value to the choice of having to euthanize survivors to avoid death to spread on the community later on.
• Plague Zombies are in a way "fine" as they are, at least they are a Story plot, that shouldn't be dismissed or changed drastically.
Though it is possible to improve these further, through the survivors inflicted with Blood Plague. It should take longer to cure, require much more Meds and a Professional in Medicine - A real Doctor, be it from Militar background or Hospital.
The medical professional would be able to know and understand what to do, and with specific traits reduce time for survivors to recover from Blood Plague and Reduce Med Waste.
➤ Soft Difficulty Increases, for Infestions, during gameplay.
• These can naturally occur when a Horde, with screamers, eventually move into an house, giving the opportunity to Prevent an infestion spawn before hand;
• For each Infestion available in the map, it causes Zombies to spawn more often in the form of small Gangs and Hordes, no singular zombie spawns;
• In Result, Attacks on the base occur much more often;
• While in a building looting, any noise, even walking around, has the rare chance of spawning a Gang outside which can be deadly by quickly overwhelming the house from all sides;
• Infestions do not reward players in a meaningfull way, besides reducing the Threat Level at base and in the overworld;
• Clearing out an infestion should favor Stealth, since if it is antagonized directly, Hordes of zombies would spawn around the area for a determined period of time (even after being cleared out).
➤ Soft Difficulty Increases, for Plague Hearts, during gameplay
• If an Infestion of Plague Zombies is not solved in a certain ammount of time it will evolve into a Plague Heart;
• For each Plague Heart available in the map, it causes Mutated Zombies (Plague Ferals, Juggernauts etc) to spawn more often, when reaching the max Threat Level, these become extremely common, being spawned in Packs, Hordes, Infestations and further Plague Hearts in higher numbers;
• Attacks on the base become a common place and extremely more dangerous as days pass by, forcing Players to have to clear these out in a regular basis;
• While looting a building, noises can attract Mutated Zombies (Plague Ferals, Juggernats to your location;
• Plague Hearts would reward Players with loot, as it is already implemented;
• Clearing out a Plague Heart should favor Strategy and Endurance, since the only way to face it is to antagonize it directly. Hordes of zombies would spawn around the area for a determined period of time, but also Mutated Zombies such as Plague Ferals. (even after being cleared out).
➤ Influence is Broken as it is, and unimmersive.
Remove Influence, or change it.
• The ammount of "Influence" should be used on NPC's as an alternative way for them to give you stuff without any additional costs nor trades.
• Although it should never be granted as you try and consume "Influence" but it can lead to unexpected outcomes:
✔ You succeed in influencing an NPC to give you Loot, and depending on the Traits of the enclave:
→ They have a Rare Chance to turn against you and accuse you of "Manipulation" and want their loot back;
→ Be supportive and let you be, although exposing themselves to danger with a chance for them to randomly die or run away;
→ Holding a favor from you, be it a demand later on or asking right away for a Trade off;
In most scenarios you would receive a positive feedback and standing from the specific Survivors and Enclave.
✘ You failed in influencing an NPC to give you a Weapon or Loot, and depending on the Traits of the enclave:
→ They will demand for a trade off, and give you time, if you fail the quest you decrease standing between each other, going as far being potential enemies for negletion;
→ They will Ignore you completely and pretend nothing happen, preserving neutrality between enclaves;
→ They will ask to just leave turning suspicious, even hostile after you leave their territory;
→ They will become instantly hostile and try to kill you;
In most scenarios you would receive a negative feedback and standing from the specific Survivors and Enclave.
Think of this as a lesser version of Fallout New Vega's Speech Check.
How much "Influence" you have gives you higher chances to influence NPC's through dialogue options. It shouldn't be used as "Money" as it doesn't properly reflect it, and it can be easily hoarded and make the game unjust, boring and to easy even in higher difficulties.
An exchange between supplies is more realistic, interesting and random survivors from different Enclaves would always aim to trade specific Supplies over others, the exchange should be Intense and to some capacity unpredictable.