The Problem: Preservation of Great Weapons
One of the most exciting aspects of State of Decay 2 is finding and collecting all kinds of guns and melee weapons.
There are countless firearms and just as many melee weapons in State of Decay 2.
There are seasonal items from the Bounty Broker that are not easy to get "off-season" and lots of fun rare items like the Sleeper Cell PPK or the Dragunov Sniper Rifle.
Despite all that, this side of State of Decay 2 runs counterintuitive to the core game:
- Most weapons are not optimal for the higher difficulties.
- Most weapons are scrapped for parts.
- Some weapons are sold for Influence.
The Solution: Add a Legacy Supply Locker
A Legacy Supply Locker will act as a place to store any of the weapons, but ONLY the weapons, the player finds across all of their communities. The core features are:
- LSL will let the player store any firearms or melee weapons
- We will be able to access this locker through the Legacy system in the main menu
- These items can be passed to any Legacy characters
- Any of these items can be removed through this menu
- The player can call in a new trader: the Legacy Quartermaster that will sell LSL items and accept new guns and weapons
Why Legacy Supply Locker is a good idea
- It provides a unified framework to satisfy the urge to collect cool weapons
- It simplifies the way Legacy characters can obtain these weapons
- It lets the player add and withdraw weapons at their convenience
- It preserves the game balance by adding the Influence cost to summon the Quartermaster and the associated costs to buy these weapons.