The Outfit Customization Update introduces the ability to change the clothing on your community members, and brings with it a giant pile of clothing and hats to help you survive the apocalypse in style!
And this set of clothing is only the beginning — we will continue to support Outfit Customization with additional content as time goes on!
When you play with the new update, look for the following:
- A brand new Closet interface in the Community Screen to keep track of your outfits and hats.
- A new Bounty Broker pack that includes unlockable outfit bounties, along with a new suite of weapons!
- Rare clothing that you can loot from containers in the world.
- Limited time gifts! Watch for more news later this month!
We've also made major improvements to multiplayer stability, across the board.
You can read the details, and all the other changes and improvements, below:
Fashion in the Apocalypse
The initial release of this feature will give players the opportunity to customize their community with a wide array of clothing and hats:
- Immediately Unlocked — These will be ready to use as soon as you get the update!
- Baseball Cap (in five color variants)
- Dockyard Cap (in five color variants)
- Flat-Brim Cap (in five color variants)
- Denim Jacket (in five color variants)
- Flannel Shirt (in five free color variants — plus five lootable color variants below)
- Layered T-Shirt (in five free color variants — plus five lootable color variants below)
- Puffy Vest (in five free color variants — plus five lootable color variants below)
- Find by Scavenging — Go forth and kick open containers to find these goodies!
- Army Cap (in five color variants)
- Military Helmet (in five color variants)
- Classic Cowboy Hat (in five color variants)
- Knit Cap (in five color variants)
- Flannel Shirt (in five lootable color variants — in addition to the five free color variants above)
- Layered T-Shirt (in five lootable color variants — in addition to the five free color variants above)
- Puffy Vest (in five lootable color variants — in addition to the five free color variants above)
- Leather Jacket (in five color variants)
- Ninja Hoodie (in five color variants)
- Tactical Uniform (in five color variants)
- Earn by Completing Bounties — Talk with the Bounty Broker for details!
- Juggernaut Mask (oh yes we went there!)
- Skeleton Hoodie (no bones about it!)
- Limited Time Gift
- STAY TUNED!
The Closet UI is your place to change the outfits of your community members. Give them all unique looks, or make them match like a tactical dream team, your choice!
You can get there via the Community Screen. Just press Y (on a controller) or C (on the keyboard) to switch into the Closet view.
- Choose which outfits or hats to apply to your characters!
- Highlight a locked item to find out where you can get it!
- Favorite items for easy equipping later!
- Rotate your character to preview the back of an outfit (since that's what you'll see when you play them)!
Fearsome Footage Bounty Pack
The Bounty Broker is loaded up with a new film and television-inspired pack of weapons and outfits, available to those who can meet his demands:
- 1911 Long Slide — .45 Caliber Pistol
- "An accurate, long-barrel version of the iconic pistol. These are brand new, I just got them in."
- SPAS-12 — Semi-automatic Shotgun
- "Italian gunsmiths crafted this tactical semi-automatic shotgun. It's quite ideal for home defense."
- Uzi — 9mm Submachine Gun
- "If you can't put your hands on a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, well then I'd say this is the next best option."
- Barbed Wire Bat — Blunt Melee
- "I do believe this weapon makes a statement without even being used. Of course, using it makes quite another statement indeed."
- Slasher Machete — Bladed Melee
- "I would not dare to claim that this weapon is literally thirsty for blood, but I do believe it has seen more kills than I could count. And yet it keeps coming back for more..."
- Señor Pokey — Close Combat Weapon
- "It's quite the perfect addition to the arsenal of any would-be slayer. For my part, I prefer simply to watch."
- Skeleton Hoodie — Outfit
- "Enjoy this 100% anatomically accurate depiction of your own skeletal system."
- Juggernaut Mask — Headwear
- "Wearing this could get you shot."
- We made major improvements to multiplayer stability, across the board.
- We made subtle advancements to our hair shader, improving the way hair looks under different lighting conditions.
- We fixed a bug that was hard-locking the game if you continued too soon after exiting to the main menu.
- We improved general stability and fixed some rare crashes.
- All backpacks have been renamed to tell you what color they are. This should make it easier to coordinate backpacks with your new outfits!
- Recruits from military enclaves now carry a variety of different-sized military backpacks, instead of always having the same one.
- The Recruit Military Survivors radio command was just a stopgap until the arrival of Customizable Outfits. Now that you can dress your entire team in tactical uniforms and combat helmets, we've disabled that command.
- Military enclaves will still continue to spawn naturally at a low rate, even without the radio command.
- We removed blind spots from the Locate Plague Heart radio command that were making it very difficult for some players to find and destroy their final Plague Heart. If you're stuck there, try it again after the update.
- We fixed a problem that made some rucksacks obtained via radio commands not count towards bounties and other mission objectives.
- We fixed a bug that made it impossible to cure some survivors of their second case of Blood Plague, after they had already survived it once.
- We fixed a bug that would lock you out of your ability to use a gun if you aimed too soon after dropping a mine while walking.
- We fixed some progression blockers in the early missions that would halt them awkwardly if you performed actions out of order, such as healing your sick community member early by unexpected means.
- We removed the option to deny the Wilkersons their bomb-making materials in Local Personalities because it broke continuity in the story and didn't offer much value to the player community.
- We fixed a progression blocker in Vic: Reconnecting that would strand those characters without a mission if you quit partway through recruiting one of them.
- We fixed a progression blocker in the mission Action Hero Returns: Explosive Consequences.
Please sign in to leave a comment.