A Fearsome Return
It’s the time of year when our minds turn to spooky stories and ghoulish delights. And there’s no better way to celebrate than with an array of frightful outfits and weapons for your survivors!
As our special treat for you, we’ve brought back the Swine & Bovine Apron and Mask for a limited time. Every player who logs into the game between October 28 and November 4 will have these two outfit items added to their closet, absolutely free!
But of course, that’s not all we have this month. Gather close and listen to what’s at the door...
Scary is Back in Season
This month we welcome the return of the Fearsome Footage Pack, which expands from 8 bounties to 11 and adds a new outfit to loot! Here’s a list of all the terrifying goodies waiting for you:
• (NEW) Cricket Bat: Finally, something to do with that sturdy souvenir from your trip across the pond.
• (NEW) Frightful Mechanic Coveralls: If you don’t remember the cult classic “Cannibal Mechanic,” you didn’t watch enough cable TV in the 80s.
• (NEW) Bronto Gas Mechanic Coveralls: You can find a non-burned version of the mechanic’s outfit by searching garages, carports, gas stations, and auto shops.
• (NEW) Frightful Welding Helmet: Back in my day you had to make your own version of this horrific movie mask to wear to conventions, but now you can buy it online.
• Señor Pokey: Although it was originally designed for a quite different type of undead enemy, it works quite well against zombies too.
• Barbed Wire Bat: Looks particularly intimidating when paired with a leather jacket.
• Slasher Machete: This time around, YOU get to be the unstoppable killing machine.
• 1911 Long Slide: Not so scary? Your enemies will think differently when you’re pointing this accurate long-barreled pistol in their direction.
• SPAS-12: This semi-automatic shotgun is just the thing for defending your home against undead trick-or-treaters.
• Uzi 9mm: If this handy submachine gun is good enough for an unstoppable killer robot, it’s good enough for you.
• Skeleton Hoodie: Scary and stealthy, all wrapped up in one cozy package.
• Juggernaut Mask: I wouldn’t go around knocking on doors wearing this grotesque mask, but you be you.
All the previous bounties associated with this pack will be reset, giving you the opportunity to earn these rewards (plus extra influence, if you were around to complete them the first time the pack was in circulation).
We got some reports that the Mare’s Leg bounty in the Open Range pack wasn’t accepting kills with Assault Pistols as we’d hoped. In the latest update, this is fixed, so go to town with with your souped-up gear!
As the Fearsome Footage pack returns, we say goodbye to the Plunder Pack. But don’t you worry, me hearties, you’ll hold on to any of the booty you earned from this swashbuckling set. And we have a feeling these scurvy dogs will sail back into port before too long...
Speaking of comings and goings, we’re just one short month away from the next all-new content pack. This set, called the Stay Frosty Pack, features outfits, weapons, and other items designed to help you survive the long, cold winter ahead.
And remember: this month is your last chance to grab the weapons and outfits from the World War II Pack before it leaves circulation.
We’re Here for You
Thanks for being here and for playing State of Decay 2. We appreciate your support and your feedback.
If you haven’t already discovered our “Wish List” where you can post ideas for game improvements or new features, please visit support.stateofdecay.com and share your suggestions. Many of your ideas have already made it into the game, and more are in the pipeline.
The same URL leads you to full patch notes and our FAQ, so it’s a great site to bookmark!