Shambling Through the Snow
Winter is upon us, at least in our neck of the woods. The temperature is dropping, and darkness arrives earlier and earlier each day.
In response to the encroaching night, here’s a special mid-month content update full of cozy outfits for your survivors to wear. It also includes some useful gear to help you fight off any threats lurking in that darkness.
Holiday Sweaters are Back!
Just in time for the approaching winter, we’re bringing back five very special outfits that haven’t been available since a year ago.
If you open your Closet between December 18 and January 2, you’ll find these five glorious outfits for your survivors to try on!
• Candy Cane Sweater
• Blue Snowflake Sweater
• Decay the Halls Sweater
• Holiday Nightmare Sweater
• Reindeer Lights Sweater
It’s okay if you didn’t get us anything. We know we’re hard to shop for.
Bundle Up Pack Returns
In addition to these lovely sweaters, we also have a pack full of wintry delights for you to enjoy. Each of these 9 items can be acquired by completing the appropriate bounty from the Bounty Broker.
• Logo Bomber Hat: Keeps your head warm and your post-apocalyptic brand loyalty on display.
• Crimson Bomber Jacket: Stylish, comfy, and barely shows blood stains.
• Olive Green Knit Earflap Cap: This snug-fitting hat is much cozier than the military helmet it resembles.
• Antler Knife: Carved with care by someone who understood the value of a sturdy close-combat weapon.
• M9: This rugged 9mm pistol is ideal for any survivor hoping to avoid experiencing a “long kiss goodnight” from the zeds.
• 1911 The Producer: This compact pistol may look cold and dark, but that’s only because it is.
• Ice Axe: A durable tool turned deadly bladed weapon.
• Fire Poker: Surprisingly lethal for an everyday household item.
• Wood Stove: Install this mod in any facility to keep your community warm and happy.
The return of Bundle Up means it’s time for the Go Bag Pack to hit the road once again. Don’t worry, it’ll be back before you know it.
Then in February, we’re bringing back the Critical Response Pack. At that time, the Open Range Pack will ride off into the sunset, so complete those bounties while you can.
A Cure for the Cure
We’re also shipping two important fixes to bugs that became much bigger problems after players starting surviving in the Lethal Zone.
The core game now uses the quicker, simpler Cure animation from Heartland, rather than the longer Cure cutscene we’ve become accustomed to — everywhere except the Infirmary bed.
On the one hand, this means you can no longer exploit the old Cure cutscene to despawn all the zombies around you.
On the other hand, it means you’ll no longer be locked in place to be helplessly murdered by a Feral while trying to cure yourself.
When an Infirmary is wrecked because of a siege or a lack of maintenance, it now expels all of its patients.
This replaces the former behavior, where the patients would be walking around believing they were still checked in, and refusing to do anything else, with no way to resolve their delusions.
Thanks for playing State of Decay 2. We wish you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday season.
— The Undead Labs development team