State of Decay 2 Patch Notes
Released December 19, 2018
The Apocalypse Keeps Getting Better
As the year draws to a close and the nights get longer and colder (at least on our side of the globe), it’s common to exchange gifts... which means that EVERYBODY GETS A WIZARD VAN!
After updating the game with the new patch, use your radio menu to call in the delivery, and moments later you’ll be riding in style. (It’s okay if you didn’t get us anything. We know we’re hard to shop for.)
But the fun doesn’t stop there! This update also features plenty of improvements to the experience of playing State of Decay 2, including several fan-favorite suggestions. We've highlighted the most exciting items in each category, but we recommend reading the whole list to see all the changes.
Thanks for your support, and we’ll see you in 2019. Until then, keep playing State of Decay 2!
- We made several balance changes to the Daybreak rewards — CLEO guns are better, CLEO ammo can be crafted, and Red Talon contractors are cheaper ... though a bit more unruly.
- We added some new facility actions — you can craft Ammo, Meds, and Food, and you can teleport gas cans and repair kits straight into parked vehicles.
- We amped up the benefits of allied enclaves, and added the option to dismiss trader enclaves when you're trying to summon a new one and there isn't any room for them.
- We added the ability to use simple consumables while in a vehicle.
- We bumped up the size of zombie hordes late in the game.
Daybreak Mode & Content
- CLEO guns have been rebalanced to make them more valuable in the base game.
- All CLEO guns are 20-40% lighter.
- All CLEO guns (except bolt-action rifles) are 15-25% more durable. (Bolt-action rifles can't be more durable than they already are.)
- All CLEO guns (except pistols) are about 20-30% faster to reload. (CLEO pistols were already unusually quick.)
- CLEO ammo is now much easier to acquire in large amounts, though it still always costs prestige.
- The Red Talon Crafting Station allows you to manufacture CLEO ammo at will, spending prestige, circuitry, and Ammo from your resource stockpile.
- The CLEO Relay now offers a CLEO Drop alternative that delivers 8 stacks of CLEO ammo.
- We worked with members of the community to rebalance Red Talon contractors, so that they are no longer 100% overpowered. Now they are more like 85% overpowered.
- Existing Red Talon contractors now have the potential to run wild and waste resources if their morale is low.
- Existing Red Talon contractors are now "Irritable" towards others, which makes them more likely to start fights when their morale is middling to low.
- However, we also changed the threshold that causes "Irritable" characters to fight, so that fights happen less often, across the board.
- Newly-recruited Red Talon contractors now come with minor downsides tied to their fifth skill. Hackers snack more than other people, Logistics experts use up extra bed space for storage, etc.
- Red Talon acknowledges that attrition has made their pool of recruits shallower, so they now only charge 2750 prestige for their contractors (down from 3250).
- In summary, if you keep your morale high, your current Red Talon contractors should be just as awesome as they've always been — but it's more important now to keep maintaining that morale. New contractors now have minor drawbacks, but they also cost less.
- We now refund the full prestige value when you reject a Red Talon recruit. This removes the old incentive to exploit the system by restarting the game. And it's just nicer. Thanks for playing Daybreak.
- Ferals should no longer occasionally enter a "T-pose" when moving through the environment.
- Hostile NPCs should now properly trigger the detonation of deployable minefields they stumble into.
- Followers should now properly follow the player when in the vicinity of a deployable minefield.
- We improved performance and reliability of VO playback during various moments in the game.
- Many simple consumables can now be used while in a vehicle.
- This includes bandages, painkillers, and other consumables that don't involve throwing, placing, or playing a complex animation.
- Consumables that cannot be used within a vehicle are now shown as unavailable in the HUD while you're inside a vehicle.
- Allied enclaves now offer a greater variety of more powerful enclave benefits, to make the time spent befriending and supporting them more worthwhile.
- Late in the game, zombie hordes can now be up to three times as large as before. (You asked for it ...)
- When summoning a trader over the radio, you will sometimes have the option to dismiss an existing trader to make room for them, if that's what it takes to get them into the map.
- Ranged weapons no longer jitter in your hands as you aim left and right.
- A new option in the Gameplay section of the Settings menu allows you to ensure that no weird zombies (such as clowns, coneheads, and war reenactors) appear in your game.
- We fixed a bug related to rapidly placing explosives that could result in premature detonation and character death. Sounds painful.
- We increased the size of safe zones created by clearing large sites to more accurately encompass their area.
- Survivor traits that reduce the number of required beds should be accurately counted by morale system.
- We fixed an exploit that prevented hostile enclaves from defending their base when mines were planted in the area.
- We solved a rare crash that could result when destroying a plague heart with ignited bloater gas.
- Zombies should show up more often inside buildings while you are exploring.
- On the other hand, random zombies should now NOT show up inside an infestation that you've just cleared.
- Any attempt to pick up stackable items from the ground now tries to pick up all items in the stack.
- You can now produce Ammo, Meds, and Food at your base with the right facility and ingredients.
- Meds are produced in any Infirmary from parts, chemicals, and ethanol.
- Ammo is produced in any Workshop or Armory out of parts and chemicals.
- Food is produced in any Kitchen by spending seeds and ethanol (yum).
- You can now use your Parking facilities to move gas cans and toolkits directly from your community's inventory into parked vehicles.
- The Infirmary now uses characters' nicknames, instead of their full names, making it consistent with the rest of the game.
- Missions that involve searching dead bodies or killing zombified humans now pinpoint the corpses with icons on the minimap, rather than requiring you to hunt for them near a marked location.
- We resolved an exploit that let players cancel Threatening to Leave missions by quitting and restarting the game.
- We fixed a potential case where some NPCs in an enclave would not be visible during an objective to kill them all.
- We "tightened up the graphics" to achieve higher and more consistent resolution and frame rate on the Xbox One.
- We improved the camera transition when moving into or out of a crouch while zoomed in.
- We reworked our anti-aliasing system to reduce ghost outlines and blur artifacts when rotating the camera.
- Lens flare effects are now smoother and crisper.
- The Multiplayer section of the Settings Menu now has options for voice chat, and is generally awesomer.
- Most notably, we've added a push-to-talk option, and left it unbound for players to assign as they wish.
- On a controller, we recommend D-Left (Emotes) if you want to swap out something that doesn't directly impact gameplay.
- When a player speaks over in-game chat, their player indicator pulses to indicate which character is talking.
- When a client is tethered to a host who is driving a vehicle, they now land in a passenger seat in that vehicle, rather than being dumped by the side of the road like garbage.
- We fixed a rare case where the host would think a client's character died if they sustained many injuries, healed, and then sustained more injuries.
- We fixed a rare crash bug that could occur when an Xbox client joined a UWP host just as the host is completing the search of a building.
- You can no longer make progress toward the Citizen Z achievement by using the "Stuck" radio command, or by choosing and then cancelling the "Volunteer" or "Call for Help" commands.
- We reworked the use of icons in the HUD and the Character Panel, so that the icons that pop up next to the Health, Stamina, and Infection meters can be followed all the way into the deepest menu to find out what they mean.
- The "Show HUD" and "Show Notifications" options in the Settings Menu now consistently turn on and off their respective UI elements.
- We clarified the visual language of the infection meter, to make it clear that you are progressing from a minor infection towards full-blown blood plague.
- On PC, the game will now recognize any plugged-in controller as belonging to the player, rather than specifically requiring the designated "Player 1" controller.
so I've just had a quick 30min game and i have noticed few things wrong with the latest update
1. when you are in a car the camera doesn't follow properly
2. gunslinging is not nearly as accurate (almost useless)
3. scrolling up and down missions on the map screen doesn't work
anyone else having these issues????
JasonicBoom on X-box 1 elite console
do like the improvements, ammo crafting fuel and tool kit loading
Been playing for a few hours and am really happy with everything so far! :)
Followers appear to have been fixed, they are attacking enemies properly now, either that or I'm just lucky today, hoping for the former lol. Thank you guys so much for this fix!
The ability to teleport gas and tool kits is a welcome addition.\
The frame rate on my xbox one is much better, especially in the more urban neighborhoods.
I was thrilled when I came across a horde and it was like twelve zombies or something. Much better, and still looking forward to further difficulty updates! *crosses fingers for Breakdown 2.0* or something similar.
I hope someday there are "scenarios" added to the game, kind of like scenarios in the old Sim City snes game. Like playing a scenario where a certain resource is depleted and must be crafted/bought at really high prices, or having the place over run with sickness. The possibilities are limitless and would be a great addition for replay-ability/longevity.
Again, thank you Undead Labs and everyone involved with making this game so amazing! It keeps getting better and better!
The improved frames on xbox is great thank you! Looks very close to 60 frames. Hope you guys fixed the saving issues, lost 12 hours of gameplay last Saturday. Now I make a habit of exiting the game every couple hours to ensure my saves are keeping up.
One problem I am noticing is that on xbox the audio is really snappy and poppy, I hear constant pops and crackles now that I did not before.
There seems to be more zombies around now which is cool, makes the game more difficult. Sound also seems to attract the zeds easier. Good stuff, keep it coming!
After the update my survivors lost the ability to learn skills from books.
If the book is in the survivor inventory they dont appear as a possibility to use. Can u guys check that out?
Soooo my big issue is the 15+ zombie hords that just kinda apear near u which gets outa hand quick and well, ive lost 3 char I put alot of work into...I get u wanna give us a challenge but shit...no warning, no alerts just poof massive invisible zombie hords kinda suck ...am I the only one getting killed by invisble hords here?
Hey since there was No FAQ for my question I’m asking here can you play the daybreak dlc without the dlc like for Honers arcade
My day counter isn't going up now iv been on the same day for atleast 20 hours of play
Okay now it finally reset, but I was having a problem before with using up 15 materials a day when I should only be using 5 and this day reset it took 18 materials away.. Plez halp me fix this :(
Gold star and a cookie for the improved frame rates and smoother overall look to the gsme....and kudos to who got the female voice actors....a few of the voices ...I said a few fuck the annoying high pitch nagging bitch piss and moan voices...but the other few.....thumbs iup undead labs...thumbs up
Digging the update. I would love to see the plague hearts need like three stages to kill. Like destroy 1/3 health make invulnerable for 10 secs before damading again. I hatr that I can just my 150 drum gun on full auto and kill it in a few seconds with no real challenge.
I would also love some item scavenging respawn even if its slow.
Lastly you should make like a swarming heard of like 30-40 zeds that slowly randomly roam around main streets in map or something. Where when you see it you truly feel like you have to avoid unless you want a real fight.
There is just to many zombies now.. And they spawn from nothing!! You dont have time to breath, they are coming all the time. They really should make a Option to turn on and off all those zombies.
Excellent update which has reinforced the zombie threat.
I have noticed a bug which is particularly annoying: in stealth mode, my character is moving by itself with no possibility to make it stop except in interrupting stealth mode. When I am pushing a direction, the character is entering sprint mode without any loss of stamina.
I am playing on xbox
I think it would be better if we have a seasoning system ( I’m Just saying) But it would be better if The game has raining Or snowing or thunders And you have to fight cold to survive
please read before updateing 2019
I hope it would be in the new map a City that has skyscrapers with many floors and rooms. And also big malls
2-put the animals in the game some are friendly and can be part of our team....They can help us search like dogs .....and they other are zombies like dogs and birds (crows)
3-more details in graphics in using weapons like when you pull the trigger and shoot...to more realistic especially when there are zombies near the characters would still carry the weapon and do not hide it quickly
**** I tried connecting with you to send suggestions a bout the new update in 2019 but I couldn't find exactly the right place to send it to you ****
Still a few issues. Can't recruit talon. Get a message I need more space. Have room for 10 and only 7 used. Also plz do so we can have more than 9 people
Have to agree with what others have mentioned. I don't mind the increase in zombies, but I DO mind the fact that large groups of zombies spawn in from nowhere right next to you. It breaks immersion and makes it really difficult to enjoy the game. Additionally, zombies are so prevalent now that it's foolish to actually use the new crossbows, as you're just asking to get overwhelmed. In addition, near constant zombie incursions on allied enclaves makes interacting with them frustrating at best. It would help if they wouldn't constantly lock their doors...
j'ai torche le jeux a mort il et juste super merci a l'équipe mai il manque un truk pour un fun un truk explosif du style un moyen de change la difficulté avoir une interface dans les option du style la consommation du carburant du véhicule le niveaux de difficulté ou alors même un truk pour allonger fortement le jeux avec une option qui propose de fair respawn tous les resources qu'on a prix mettons dans une maison . un système de fout exemple the long dark l'interface des option qui permette de change la difficulté de la chose sa serait génial passe que les véhicule prend tro de carburant les gas j'ai jamais vu une voiture ou un fourgon dépense la moitié en 3 minute de conduit bref ou même rajout des mods sa aussi sa serait génial
Change the red talon back to %100 overpowered. it's not fair I spent money and countless hours for them just for them to have negative traits. I don't understand why some1 would ask for them to be less overpowered, they must have mental problems. I've been a supporter for near 5 years. Also allow a option for the increase in zombies becuz some ppl don't like loads of zombies that spawn out of nowhere, some prefer the amount of zombies there were before the latest patch. Also daybreak solo is too hard. Please enable all fighting and shooting special moves and the stack of consumables/items skill and maybe blade lethality. It's too hard to complete all waves. Please I beg you. Please make these changes because I'm really unhappy with the game considering I've been supporting the state of decay series for near 5 years.
I love the idea of bigger hordes it is much better than like 3 Lol. Gunslinging ability is not locking on. And i have been experiancing a huge spawn rate increase on hordes and special infected. Especially the juggernauts and screamers. Hordes are spawning like crazy. I have 6 outposts around my base, i walked out and there was 2 large hordes i counted around 26 zombies and not too mention the feral right behind them. My top tier survivor with maxed out skills almost died and when i walked back home s juggernauts was standing right outside my outpost line. Its getting a little crazy.... sorry for any grammar mistakes im on my phone lol. Ps mystery missions are coming up alot more then regular, it took me 5hrs just to recruit 2 people because the mystery missions spawn more than recruit missions and they are becoming quite repetitive and more of a nuisance than a mystery.
Also add more missions or at least something different in State of decay 2 daybreak. Its same thing over and over and over again unlike the main game mode, after you get all the prestige u need there literally no point of playing daybreak and it shouldn't feel that way. but daybreak could at least be more fun cuz after a day it's literally boring and playing solo daybreak is nearly impossible to complete all waves unless your playing multiplayer it seems, it's too hard. Which makes me not want to play daybreak even more. The only way to complete it, is to have internet to play multiplayer with random people that somewhat can help me unlike the NPC's when I'm not playing daybreak multiplayer. It's really terrible. Plz fix.
A school base.
What happen to large shopping males like the one in the town in statenof decay 1?
Animals for hunting and recruiting like a previous comment said. Honostly i feel like hunting for food would be amazing. And will also cause challenge when in the woods and stuff. And if your low on food then you can hunt instead of scavenge. It will also alow better use for the kitchen as you would need one to prepare and cook meat.
More drama with other enclaves. Like maybe certain people in your group dont like certain people in another. This will allow for missions specifically to help woth the characters get over feelings and stuff.
Old friend missions. Have missions pop up to recruit a person from an old community.(kind of like the breakdown mission.)
New special infected? Maybe add the blood plague special infected into regular game play.
Relationships. This can add mission similar to the first game were you have to take them out and help with there problems. This will also help with the negative feelings and morale. Dating can improve morale and make some cute dialog along with moral bonuses but they can get into fights, make others jealous, etc.
This will also allow for more risk when someone threatens to leave because if someone is bestfriends with eachother they might leave with them. This will also give insight into getting to know your community and immerse gameplay with them instead of just being another character.
Suicide. Some people just cant handle the apocolypse and low moral. This will also go along with relations. For example if your attached to a lover and that character dies. He might be enclined to A. Leave the community as he feels the community did not put enough effort into saving them. Or B. Decides to join them in the after life.
I know suicide is a very touchy subject but it is a mere suggestion.
And if u can add a option for ppl who want their red talon 85% overpowered becuz I personally love the 100% overpowered red talon and I hate the fact that it's now 85%. plz change
Why can i no longer use my PDP Xbox One Controller, I could use it before in September when i played it last. I've done every type of fix and the game will not detect my controller.
Can you allow us to retrain a character’s 5th specialized skill?
I have a bug when I play with others sometimes I get stuck in cars and my camera zooms in only since 6.0
This game is so fucking buggy!!!! Everytime I switched characters in MP, it would put me in the furniture so I had to quit out and be re-invited back in. Alt-Tabbing out of the game would cause it to disconnect.
Having more lootable spots for a host then joined players makes the game boring for both parties.
What a disappointing piece of trash this game turned out to be
Noticed the zombie hordes yo I'm liking the quantity and not the quality.
Zombies act more like humans and less like sluggish zombies ... Just my two cents... Noticing and interacting with cars is unrealistic along with the damage they do to the car is just unbalanced.
When crouching with the stealth perk I seem to be able too Sprint without needing to hold down the Sprint button and my character moves forward constantly in stealth/crouch mode. Is this a bug or a "fan favorite addition" if so plz give us the option. The movment should go back to the way it was when it first came out .
We should also be able to turn the graphics down to medium on Xbox one for a high fps.
I also doubt I'm the only one having issues with combat detection... It seems to me you guys have only worked on patching the zombies and not the player movement... The zombies are fine! Leave them be cus theyre hive mind is OP while the casual player is just trying to explore, survive and do everything the trailers for this game promised. . What you need to do is fix the slow movment for the player.
And the melee detection for attacking zombies cause Everytime I'm on grass or yano out in the woods, my character never hits the zombie my hit goes completely through the zombie and I am punished with a chomp and 3 hits from his friends with a plague zombies bitting me not only a milisecond after I am released from a grab... Like wtf why do they predict everything I do and lounge attack when they fail... But then also yell and shout for help from other zombies if it fails again... Which is rare cause a Zed laying down can get up and lunge with a 2 hit combo in a matter of miliseconds while the player gets stunned for 6 seconds strait if I grab a zombie from the front...........
I don't have a problem with any of the ferals or Juggernaut's but the bloaters spawn right in front of my camera ... I play in 4k hdr with brightness turnt down for a realistic feel and bloaters tend to not give af about the new Xbox one x I just got and spawn/lay in places where the player is definitely gonna go you just hide it behind map logo's. I lost characters do to my melee attacks not hitting zombies. I waste packs of plague cure cause plague zombies have better acrobatics skills than any human being in the game besides the ones that just turnt. And my legendary charcter that gas been through 7 playthrough with ACROBATICS , STEALTH(won't stay still while crouched) , CLOSE COMBAT(impossible for combat unless on concrete), GUNSLINGING(everyone knows this is never gonna work again) , is now the most unless character due to your lazy update's.
Bottom line I love the game ladies and gentlemen of development and marketing.. but only when it first came out .. I had no bugs and I could do as I please ... But then again they had no respect books so buying this game was a regret... But I'll play it anyways..
Acrobatics (the rolling Dodge is slower less responsive easier for zombies to predict and definitely worse than the default Dodge plz just extend the default Dodge animation's distance and delete the rolling one or give us the option ...)*
Useless character due to your lazy updates
Please sign in to leave a comment.