This will depend on where you purchased the game. If you purchased a hard copy of the game, you need to make the return at the retailer you purchased it from. If you purchased a digital copy of the game from either the Xbox store or the Window store:
- 1. To request a refund for a digital product, go to Order history to see if it’s eligible for an immediate refund.
- 2. If it’s eligible, you can select Request a return.
- 3. If you don’t see Request a return, your item may not be eligible for a refund. See Microsoft Terms of Sale.
- 4. When your return is accepted, we’ll issue your refund. Please note that refunds are applied to the original payment option.
- Important: Before requesting a refund for downloadable software such as Windows, Office, or Visual Studio, uninstall it from your device. To do this, select the Start button on your device, then select Settings > Apps. Select the software and select Uninstall.
Note: To get the status of your return, exchange, or refund, check your order history again. If you're canceling and requesting a refund for an Xbox Play Anywhere game, you won’t be able to play the game on your PC or console after you cancel it.